Last week, LOTS of people were curious to find out what products were in my makeup bag, so this week I’m letting you all take a peek into what skin care products I use! This time around, I didn’t swap out anything, I just wiped down my actual products so they didn’t have smudges or fingerprints on them. Ready to find out if I only use Avon skin care products? Put on your seat belt – here we go!
There are two non-Avon products pictured above:
- Maybelline Expert Eyes Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover (used daily: PM) – I have been using this FOREVER. I’ve tried out other non-oil eye makeup removers and I just don’t like them. Avon had an oil based eye makeup remover for a while and I used that until they discontinued it…then I went right back to trusty old Maybelline!
- Rodan+Fields Lash Boost (used ~3x per week: PM) – I have been using this product since last year as it was the only one of its kind on the market, my lashes seriously needed a boost and it WORKS! I have a few gripes about it, though. First, it’s SUPER SPENDY – and you have to pay for shipping too. *cough* You are able to get a small discount on it…if you sign up for an auto replenish plan. I have a solid month (maybe two) left on this tube and it’s my last as Avon is launching their own lash and brow serum next campaign for a fraction of the cost…and no requirement to sign up for an auto replenish plan either.
Now for the Avon goodies!
- Anew Clean Cleansing Brush (used 1-2x per week: PM)- The brush head vibrates instead of rotating, so you still get a deeper face cleaning, but it isn’t so rough that it will scrape your face – which is also attributed to its super soft bristles. I have now scaled back my usage of the brush from every day (I was a total addict when I first got it – too much of a good thing) to a couple of times per week (when I’m not being lazy)…which keeps my face from being irritated by my overzealous “face brushing”.
- Anew Clean Purifying Gel Cleanser (used twice daily: AM/PM)- I have oily skin and using this actually makes my face feel clean after washing it. A novel concept, I know! Those of you with oily skin will get it!
- Anew Clinical Extra Strength Retexturizing Peel (used occasionally: PM) – These puppies BURN, but they also help smooth and brighten my face. They make my face feel sticky for a while after using them, which I’m *not* a fan of but, again, they help smooth and brighten my face. I should use them more regularly, but I don’t because I seem to only think of their negatives until I NEED their positives!
- Anew Clinical Eye Lift Pro Dual Eye System (used daily: AM) – It has a gel for firming/lifting and cream for moisturizing – this stuff is THE BOMB! Despite what the directions say, I use the gel under my eyes to reduce puffiness. You can read my full love letter on this product here.
- Anew Clinical Line Eraser with Retinol Targeted Treatment (used daily: AM) – This has been a huge miracle in a tube! I dab a bit between my eyebrows so that my RBF isn’t so heavy on the B. You can see how much I admire it here.
- Anew Ultimate Multi-Performance Day Cream SPF 25 (used daily: AM) – I’ve been using this day cream for a couple of years now. I have incredibly sensitive skin and it rebels against most moisturizers. This one is light, but not too light and it lasts ALL DAY LONG. A little goes a long way, it isn’t stinky (which is an immediate no-go from me) and it has built-in sunscreen. SOLD!
- Skin So Soft Fresh & Smooth Sensitive Skin Facial Hair Removal Cream (used 1-2x per month: AM) – I use this when makeup starts caking on my peach fuzz. It makes my face baby butt smooth for a solid couple of weeks and it doesn’t irritate my skin either! Whoop, whoop!! One negative: it’s a depilatory, therefore it’s stinky.
- Skin So Soft Firm & Restore Neck & Chest Treatment Cream SPF 15 (used daily: AM) – I consider my neck and decolletage to be part of my skin care routine, especially since I used to use my facial moisturizer there instead! I’m in my mid-40s, so I’m focused on firming things up while I still can. It also has built-in sunscreen AND smells divine!
And that covers it! Which skin care products are in YOUR arsenal?