Are you curious about what’s in the Avon’s lady’s makeup bag? Want to know which non-Avon items are in there? And which Avon items ARE in there? Do I put my money where my mouth is or is my sales pitch all talk? Here is a photo of my current makeup bag contents except I swapped out my nearly empty lipstick tube for a new one and my makeup applicator sponge for a fresh one:
First, let’s discuss the non-Avon items pictured above, of which there are only three:
- Ardell Brow Sculpting Gel in Clear – I know it looks tinted, but that’s because I fill in my brows with a blonde pencil first. I have used this stuff for YEARS. It’s basically hair gel in a mascara tube. It makes it easier to apply and I prefer clear gel to tinted gels only because I find the tinted ones look seriously fake on me. Why do I use a brow gel? To keep my brows in the shape and place I want them to be!
- Heated Eyelash Curler – Avon actually used to sell these things and I got hooked. When they discontinued them (they are cheaply made and break after a few months of use), I went on the internet to feed my addiction. It’s literally a curling iron for your eyelashes – this girl’s dream come true to achieving the look I want…which is for them to not stick out straight. Bonus: Since it’s heated, it doesn’t take long to get the curl I want, so I’m done curling my lashes A LOT faster – yay, efficiency!
- Wedge Applicator Sponge – I’m not picky about the brand…I get whichever generic brand is available at the store I’m shopping. I use them to apply my liquid foundation. Fast and easy – exactly how I like it!
Now, onto the Avon products:
- True Color Flawless Crème Concealer in Fair (body) and Light Medium (face) – I prefer this creamy concealer as it smooths on quickly and is instantaneously dry…I don’t have patience, so waiting for a liquid to dry in the early AM is out of the question.
- True Color Flawless Mattifying Pressed Powder in Light (body) and Light Medium (face) – it doesn’t clog up my pores at all and really does mattify. A miracle powder, in my opinion. (Note: This product is currently out of stock due to a manufacturer issue they hope to have resolved shortly.)
- True Color Flawless Liquid Foundation in Nude – I need coverage, but not super heavy coverage, so this is my choice to get the job done!
- mark. By Avon Lipclick Full Color Matte Lipstick in Gem. I’m cheating here as this has been my go-to shade forever and when Avon decided to revamp the packaging and names, they dropped my beloved shade so of course I stocked up! I actually demo A LOT of other lipstick shades and own several dozen, but THIS ONE is the one I’ve always fallen back on. It’s a natural mauve hue, so it goes with EVERYTHING, looks natural and works on EVERYONE.
- True Color Glazewear Lip Gloss in Clear, which has been replaced by True Color Lip Glow Lip Gloss – a great replacement, but I have loads of old stock to plow through first.
- True Color Smooth Minerals Blush in Hearty Peach along with Avon’s Pro Blush Brush – their brushes are a incredibly affordable and good quality…I just need to clean them more regularly.
- True Color Eyeshadow Single in Champagne – I have very deep set eyes and am artistically challenged, so I opt for the quick and easy light color to open my eyes up, but still neutral so I don’t have to actually brush on some sort of fancy pattern. I apply it with the Pro Eye Shadow Brush.
- True Color Moonlit Highlighting Powder in Quartz for an all over fresh dewy glow without looking like a 20-year-old glitter queen on their way to a nightclub. (Wait – do they call them nightclubs anymore?) I apply it with the Pro Powder Brush (currently unavailable and I’m not sure why).
- True Color Glimmersticks Brow Definer in Blonde have been a mainstay in makeup bag for decades. I prefer using blonde so I can make mistakes that I can easily correct without it marring the rest of my makeup job…plus it looks more natural. Many of my brow hairs ARE blonde – hard to believe until you see me without makeup and it looks like I don’t have brows at all!
- True Color Glimmersticks Eye Liner in Cosmic Brown – another mainstay. it goes on smooth and easy so I don’t yank on my eyelids during application, it self sharpens AND it’s crazy affordable! WHAT?!
- Wash-Off Waterproof Mascara in Black is a longtime favorite of mine. You can cry your eyes out and it won’t flake or run, but it cleans off with soap and water or makeup remover.
And there you have it – a guided tour through my (current) makeup bag! What’s in YOUR makeup bag? What products can you NOT live without?