For those of you Avon reps handing out brochures, one giant tip you should know about is labeling your books. Every campaign I have 4-5 labels on the main brochure – 3 of them askew on the front! Why? Because people notice things that are unexpected and out of place! (Side tip: Want to be noticed in a large crowd of strangers? Wear your name tag vertical or upside down!) I place the following labels on my books:
ON THE FRONT:
1. Due dates for on time orders along with the end dates for orders (also called back orders) – all brochures are good to order from for 6 weeks…make it work for you!
2. If there are any, make sure to point out the FREE fragrance samples in every book – it’s an easy way to get samples into your customers hands every campaign without you actually purchasing several samples!
3. Recruiting label – it never hurts to give people information to join Avon on your team even if you don’t actively recruit!
ON THE BACK:
4. Contact info – make sure your customers can get a hold of you in a variety of ways (e.g., call/text a mobile number, email and your eStore).
5. Occasionally I will purchase pre-made labels from Town & Country Printing (Avon’s official printing company that you can access through your back office) shouting out an online promo code or something else. I usually place these on the back over the UPC codes.
Additional tips: Some reps print the labels out on neon colored paper. Some reps simply use different colored highlighters to highlight each label separately. I am cheap and lazy, so do neither of those things.
While not all the labels will appeal to all the customers – it’s better to provide too much info than not enough!
What are your tips and tricks to make your brochures stand out?!
3 thoughts on “The Importance of Labeling”
Wow! Great tips.
Wanna stand out in a crowd? Wear red (Everyone notices the girl in red)! Along with your name tag upside down.😃
LikeLiked by 1 person
Great article and you’re right! I don’t know if you’re allowed, but adding a little glitter glue will help catch eyes too and make it more memorable. Handwritten ANYTHING stands out these days, too. A personal note for your great buyers thanking them for previous buys is another big eye catcher that costs nothing.
LikeLiked by 1 person
All great ideas – thank you!